Buford, GA 30518
A Buford based company whose sales to large retailers across the USA and internationally. This role is an opportunity for a candidate with finance and accounting experience. It is well suited for someone with an understanding of direct import, wholesale and with a history and/or interest in B2B distribution.
This role offers opportunities to develop a personal career within a fast paced and growing company. The candidate hired will be working closely with members of the team and directly on Sage 100c (MAS 90).
Sage 100 (MAS 90) experience is a MUST.
- Compile and evaluate the internal financial statements in line with US GAAP and other financial operating reports, presents findings and recommendations to top management.
- Daily duties which will include processing orders, invoices and Cash/ACH/Check receipts.
- Process invoices via Sage 100c (previous MAS 90) and send to customers via email or send by Portals.
- Proactively partner with other departments to review actual results and provide guidance and attention to areas that need to be researched. This includes conducting collections and conducting inventory controls.
- Prepare tax reports, sale tax reports and other documentation. Prepare monthly commission statements for the sales team and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Ensure compliance including GAAP, internal policies etc.
- General Accounting Skills
- Understanding of Sage 100c and Crystal Reports are REQUIRED
- Understanding of inventory flow for invoicing
- Creating 400+ invoices a week
- Understanding vendor portals, Amazon Vendor Central, CommerceHub, etc.
- Strong attention to detail is REQUIRED
- Fast paced multitasking
- Understanding complex processing
- Proactively partnering with management to provide attention to areas that need research
Successful candidates will possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor s degree in accounting or finance
- At least 4-5 years of accounting experience within the retail/manufacturing business
- Experience within a group reporting environment and/or private equity environment is preferred
- Technical background and applied experience in cost accounting is preferred
- Candidate will be strongly IT literate and experienced in Sage 100c, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and be a good team player
- Ability to operate under time constraints, managing general duties and drive, co-support project work
- Passion to grow a business