Cylinder Prep Assembly Operator
Buford, GA 30518
Summary The primary responsibility of this position is to assemble customer-supplied core rods with assigned cylinders for processing on the S-Zug towers to produce preforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned as required):
• Receive customer-supplied core rods.
• Etch core rods and maintain in clean air environment.
• Horizontally insert core rods into cylinders.
• Place assemblies on S-Zug ready rack.
• Record data/transactions in QDC/SAP.
• Perform housekeeping tasks.
• Support 5S program.
• Cover other cylinder prep positions as needed.
• Support all activities within the department as needed or instructed; assist all positions in the department when possible.
• Wear appropriate PPE for clean room environment and for HF acid environment.
• Adherence to Code of Conduct as applicable to job function: CoC Guideline No. 1: Guideline for the Procurement of Products and Services, No. 2: Guideline for the Prevention of Bribery in Commercial Transactions, No. 4: Guideline for the Prevention of Money Laundering and Participation in Criminal Acts.
• Responsibility to ensure that direct reports and overall employee population are also aware and adhere to Code of Conduct Guidelines.
Equipment Used: Assembly clean room, Overhead cranes, HF Acid Polyflow system, Computer systems
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or travel availability required.
• SPIRIT - Strong work ethic, Positive outlook, Integrity, Reliable, Into the details and a Team player
• High energy and robust work ethic
• Well-organized and self-directed
• An articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization
• Basic math skills
• Basic data entry skills
• Visual and mechanical inspection skills
• TrustworthyVerbal and written communication skills
• Critical thinking and analytical skills
• Strong business and financial acumen
• Flexible to work long hours as required
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent. A minimum of 6 months of manufacturing experience is a plus. The equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Demonstrate a high level of integrity, professionalism and leadership ability; exhibit a high level of motivation and initiative with the ability to meet deadlines