Cylinder Prep Butting Lathe Operator
Buford, GA 30518
Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is to weld cylinders/ingots in preparation for processing on S-Zug towers and to weld handles to finished preforms for shipment to the customer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned as required):
• Produce collar-cylinder, j-cylinder, handle-preform, and collar/J extension welds using oxygen-propane torch on automated lathe.
• Operate wastewater treatment system.
• Record data/transactions in QDC/SAP.
• Perform housekeeping tasks.
• Support 5S program.
• Cover other cylinder prep positions as needed. Including: large saw, using cranes and manipulating large pieces of glass weighing up to 500kg with cranes.
• Support all activities within the department as needed or instructed; assist all positions in the department when possible.
• Wear appropriate PPE for hot flame environment
• Adherence to Code of Conduct as applicable to job function: CoC Guideline No. 1: Guideline for the Procurement of Products and Services, No. 2: Guideline for the Prevention of Bribery in Commercial Transactions, No. 4: Guideline for the Prevention of Money Laundering and Participation in Criminal Acts.
• Responsibility to ensure that direct reports and overall employee population are also aware and adhere to Code of Conduct Guidelines.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or travel availability required.
• SPIRIT - Strong work ethic, Positive outlook, Integrity, Reliable, Into the details and a Team player
• High energy and robust work ethic • Well-organized and self-directed
• An articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization
• Basic math skills
• Basic data entry skills
• Visual and mechanical inspection skills
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Critical thinking and analytical skills
• Strong business and financial acumen
• Flexible to work long hours as required
Education and/or Experience High school diploma, GED, or equivalent. A minimum of 6 months of manufacturing experience is a plus. The equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Demonstrate a high level of integrity, professionalism and leadership ability; exhibit a high level of motivation and initiative with the ability to meet deadlines
Mathematical Skills The ability to add, subtract, multiply and convert calculations to percentage and to metric system. The ability to understand concepts involving statistics, probabilities and formula manipulation. The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem. Ability to program calculations using software tools