Cylinder Prep Etch Operator
Buford, GA 30518
Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is to acid etch welded cylinders/ingots in preparation for processing on S-Zug towers and acid etch finished preforms/tubing for delivery to customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned as required):
• Operate Polyflow machines to etch in-process cylinders and/or finished preforms and/or tubes.
• Rinse, dry and bag etched cylinders/preforms.
• Transport cylinders to S-Zug ready racks and finished preforms to warehouse.
• Calculate acid etch rates.
• Record data/transactions in QDC/SAP
• Perform housekeeping activities.
• Support 5S program.
• Cover other cylinder prep positions as needed.
• Support all activities within the department as needed or instructed; assist all positions in the department when possible.
• Wear appropriate PPE for HF environment
• Adherence to Code of Conduct as applicable to job function: CoC Guideline No. 1: Guideline for the Procurement of Products and Services, No. 2: Guideline for the Prevention of Bribery in Commercial Transactions, No. 4: Guideline for the Prevention of Money Laundering and Participation in Criminal Acts.
• Responsibility to ensure that direct reports and overall employee population are also aware and adhere to Code of Conduct Guidelines.
Equipment Used: HF Acid Polyflow systems, Computer systems, Overhead cranes
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or travel availability required.
• SPIRIT - Strong work ethic, Positive outlook, Integrity, Reliable, Into the details and a Team player
• High energy and robust work ethic
• Well-organized and self-directed
• An articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization
• Basic math skills
• Basic data entry skills
• Visual and mechanical inspection skills
Verbal and written communication skills
• Critical thinking and analytical skills
• Strong business and financial acumen
• Flexible to work long hours as required