Sr. Contact Lense Consultant
Duluth, GA 30097
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: Consult with doctors on new patient contact lens design and resolve fitting problems on existing patients. Assist staff with lens fitting and problem resolution. As required visit accounts to conduct in-office training or assist with difficult contact lens fits.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE OR SKILL SET:
High school diploma, GED or equivalent and NCLE certification for RX calculation and consultation. 6-8 years of contact lens consulting experience. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record that complies with The company's Motor Vehicle Policy.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Handle incoming calls from customers requiring technical assistance with contact lens products.
- Assist staff with lens fitting and problem resolution.
- Provide feedback from accounts to management on new products.
- Provide backup coverage for incoming customer service calls.
- Conduct practitioner and technical training/In Office Fits (some travel required) at least once a month and possibly as often as once a week.
- Perform outbound phone sales calls.
- Collaborate to support field sales reps when applicable or as required.
- Direct, lead and train up to two employees within the work location at the request of the manager. Gives feedback to manager on performance related issues of other employees at the work location.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a coworker to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions,
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand or sit and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The associate is rarely required to twist, turn, or bend. The associate is rarely required to kneel/squat and reach above shoulders.
The associate must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision. Some travel is required by auto.