Buford, GA 30518
The primary responsibility of this position is to firepolish, stress test, and weld handles to quartz tubes and OVIC preforms, and to flame-tip AOF and FISA preforms
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned as required):
• Heat quartz solid on a lathe and “weld” (butt) the ends together to form a handle.
• Load lathe with preform, align preform with handle, heat quartz preform to weld handle on preform.
• Flame-tip preforms (AOF & FISA) per customer specifications.
• Stress-test butted handles.
• Inspect handles; identify short or bad handles.
• Load/unload annealing ovens.
• Enter data on computer.
• Laser scribe handles.
• Cut and clean tubes.
• Measure and enter orientation of preforms
• Calculate weight to confirm in SAP.
• Adherence to Code of Conduct as applicable to job function:CoC Guideline No. 1: Guideline for the Procurement of Products and Services,No. 2: Guideline for the Prevention of Bribery in Commercial Transactions, No. 4: Guideline for the Prevention of Money Laundering and Participation in Criminal Acts.
• Responsibility to ensure that direct reports and overall employee population are also aware and adhere to Code of Conduct Guidelines.
Equipment Used: Stress analyzer (Polariscope), Saw, Welding, lathe, Overhead crane, Computer, Pipe cutter, Hand scriber, Scoring tool, Annealing oven, Measuring stick (mm), Firepolisher on lathe.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or travel availability required.
• SPIRIT - Strong work ethic, Positive outlook, Integrity, Reliable, Into the details and a Team player
• High energy and robust work ethic
• Well-organized and self-directed
• An articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization
• Basic math skills
Basic data entry skills
• Visual and mechanical inspection skills
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Critical thinking and analytical skills
• Strong business and financial acumen
• Flexible to work long hours as required
Education and/or Experience High school diploma, GED, or equivalent. A minimum of 6 months of manufacturing experience is a plus. The equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Demonstrate a high level of integrity, professionalism and leadership ability; exhibit a high level of motivation and initiative with the ability to meet deadlines